Infrastructure Software Engineer
**90-day contract to hire**
Resource Solutions is working in partnership with JP Morgan Chase, one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, and a presence in over 100 markets, JP Morgan Chase employs over 250,000 people globally.
The Cyber & Technology Controls (CTC) Production Support is seeking a candidate that combines both software engineering and systems/application support to join a new Infrastructure Engineering team to operate, manage, and automate large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant systems. This new Infrastructure software engineer role will
build and implement creative solutions to operations problems, including optimizing existing systems, designing, and building robust infrastructure and developing automation to reduce manual work.
- Contributes to product area, or software to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoots priority incidents, facilitates blameless post-mortems, and supports solutions for closure
- Engages with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
- Applies analytics on past data, like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions.
- Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance test, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
- Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
- Deploys sustainable software, system, and product upgrades
- Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
- Self manages the effort split between operational work and engineering work
- Supports end-user functional and system support issues via various channels (e.g. tickets, email, chat)
- Be part of the rotational support coverage as needed
- Mentors other junior team members
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience with 2 years of Software Engineering and application support experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., bash, PowerShell) to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience with Agile and full software development life cycle disciplines
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment, including SaaS environments
- Experience with resolving application function and system customer support issues
- Experience with SQL for metrics development
- Experience with Linux, Windows, Mac Operating Systems
- Experience with Maven and Jenkins build tools
- Experience troubleshooting Tomcat/Compile/Web/DB performance and other system level components
- Proficient in designing, building, and deploying software-based infrastructure components. (E.g. cloud products, container systems , compute, storage, and networks services)
- Designs and contributes to performance monitoring and capacity management tools.
- Able to work on multiple large projects that have business impact and is self-initiated. Should be able to provide supporting data or communicate business value of the projects.
- Knowledge of Open Source and Source Code vulnerabilities and scanning methods a plus
- Is seen as a change agent and key contributor to the SRE Team(s).
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Python and/or Java: 2 years (Preferred)
- Linux, Windows, Mac OS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Software Engineering and application support: 2 years (Required)
- Maven and Jenkins: 2 years (Required)
- Bash or PowerShell: 2 years (Required)
- Tomcat/Compile/Web/DB performance: 2 years (Required)
- SQL: 2 years (Required)
- "Note: this is a 90 day right to hire role; unable to accept C2C, 1099, visa or OPT/EAD candidates. Please understand this if you apply to this role. Greg Inguagiato"
Full Time Opportunity:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19