McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good:
good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
The McDonald’s Global brand team plays a role in raising the bar in creative excellence across the world. A key element of that is to understand best practice from within the business and externally from the wider industry, to voraciously share and communicate and help ensure that the global brand positioning is executed through communications.
This involves working closely with the local marketing teams and agency partners across the globe.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To take ownership for the curation of creative work from around the McDonald’s system and from key global competitors
- To create reports and associated communications to summarize the above.
- Project management support on the running of ‘Creative Deep Dives’ which are used to review creative output in key markets and business units globally.
- Project management support for the Annual McDonald’s ‘Feel-Good Marketing’ Awards
- To support the development of global campaigns and initiatives
- To work with the consumer and business insights teams to monitor the effectiveness of creative output against agreed KPI’s
- To work with McDonald’s global agency partners to develop best practice relationships and help support markets in doing the same.
- Day-to-day project management, as well as support information sharing and alignment on key business priorities.
- To support internal communication and sharing best practices across markets.
- Support the internal budget management process
- From time-to-time, special project work/support for other parts of the marketing organization may also be needed.
Core Competencies and skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and accountability
- Enthusiasm to promote the brand values of McDonald’s
- Ability to work assertively but diplomatically with management and colleagues at all levels in a de-centralized system
- Proven project management skills
- Passion for consumer insight, trends and innovation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced & deadline-driven environment, calm under pressure
- Self-sufficient and able to work with limited administrative support
- MBA preferred, Bachelor's degree within a marketing or business administration discipline required
- Skilled at working in a global / multi-market capacity
- Strong project management and execution success, with a heavy focus on attention to detail, and good creative judgement
- Skilled in creative problem solving, identifying root cause of issues and independent thinking
- Min 5 years of marketing experience
- Strong analytic and quantitative analysis skills.
- Good (and working) knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ideal candidate will have an integrated marketing background/experience
- Retail or Consumer/FMCG brand desirable.
- Good experience in developing marketing campaigns and creative across channels.
- Experience of working with creative agencies and good understanding of their processes.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.