Yes, we are hiring!
Kelley House Hotel is looking for a new bright star to lead a maintenance department.
As Engineering/Facilities Manager you’ll manage the engineering/maintenance of the Kelley House hotel and ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members. You’ll be a master multitasker and be comfortable with any repair needs. Motivating and training your team with the skills to keep our hotels always looking the best.
Amazing opportunity to have a secured year around position in one of the best hotels of Marhta’s Vineyard! Extremely competitive salaried position, impressive benefits package and… housing available in the heart of Edgartown.
- Manage daily engineering needs, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right team in place
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Maintain and order parts and supplies while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives
- Lead the emergency response team for all facility issues
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests and team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
- Help guests needs to ensure their satisfaction
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Development of policies and procedures which successfully provide efficient and effective services
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)