Designs, develops, tests, maintains and enhances application software programs for the retail energy industry. Must possess excellent communication skills as you will interact directly with our customers to determine requirements and deliver quality software which exceeds their expectations. Must have a strong desire to deliver defect-free, well-designed, and well-tested software.
This is a 6-month contract. Travel is required.
• Follow the team’s Scrum development life cycle practices.
• Work independently for design, development and testing.
• Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary
• Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
• Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of the company
• Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control.
• Use appropriate change control procedures for implementing software enhancements.
• Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices as applicable.
• Conduct unit, functional, and integration testing to ensure application reliability.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience is preferred.
• A minimum of 5-7 years professional application development experience is required
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong understanding of Python Development (2 – 5 years experience is a MUST) and the Django Framework.
• Experience with PHP development or a similar style such as Microsoft ASP.
• In-depth understanding of Relational Database Management software, preferably PostgreSQL,
• MySQL, and MS SQL Server.
• Experienced in testing software all the way from unit testing to system testing to integration testing. A
• strong desire to build well-tested software.
• Strong knowledge of version control software, git preferred.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), in particular EC2, EBS, S3, and SQS is a plus.
Working Conditions & Requirements
• Team work environment in cube or open work area.
• Duties are performed during standard business hours and overtime based on project requirements.
• Must be willing to work longer hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution.
• Will need to attend meetings and respond to application problems for short durations at other corporate sites when necessary. These locations are in Philadelphia, PA and Houston, TX
All qualified candidates should apply by providing a current Word resume and denoting skill set experience as it relates to this requirement.