AJM Packaging Corporation
Metropolitan Detroit Area
Salary: $140,000 - $200,000
Bonus: Performance Based
Position Overview –
AJM Packaging Corporation, one of America’s leading manufacturers of paper products, including paper plates, cups, bowls and bags, has immediate openings for two (2) highly motivated and accomplished plant managers in the metropolitan Detroit area. These positions will be fully responsible for all plant activities and personnel and report to the company’s Director of Manufacturing. The successful candidates will distinguish themselves from other applicants by their confident demeanor, “can do” attitude, unrelenting drive and ambition and innate ability to command respect, make decisions and lead.
Responsibilities & Duties –
- Supervise and manage all plant functions, including Production & Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Shipping/Receiving, Warehousing, Quality Assurance and Human Resources.
- Supervise and manage effective corrective, predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Supervise and manage all manufacturing processes and personnel to meet or exceed daily production goals on a consistent basis.
- Supervise and manage all Quality Assurance policies and procedures for detection and remediation of damaged and/or defective purchased product, work-in-process (WIP) and finished goods.
- Supervise and manage plant purchasing and inventories to increase turns, minimize cost, avoid out-of- stocks and facilitate efficient scheduling.
- Safeguard the health and safety of all employees and avoid legal jeopardy to AJM through strict compliance with all AJM, MIOSHA, state, local and federal rules and regulations.
- Safeguard all company assets, including intellectual property, against theft and/or damage through effective employee training, testing and certification programs and strict enforcement of company security and plant visitation policies.
- Ensure all customer orders are shipped complete, on time and accurately.
- Ensure plant is fully staffed, employees properly trained and equipment fully functional at all times.
- Ensure all production lines are set-up, crewed and operated efficiently and continuously look for opportunities to increase productivity.
- Leverage plant resources to meet or exceed all KPI’s, most importantly productivity, quality, waste, safety and budget.
- Maintain neat, clean, well-organized and well-maintained manufacturing, warehouse and administrative areas, free of partial pallets and damage goods.
- Play an active role in plant recruiting, employee relations and performance management. Review and approve all new hires, promotions, demotions, transfers and raises. Personally interview all management level candidates and participate in and approve all annual reviews.
Minimum Requirements –
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Business, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 10-12 years of manufacturing experience, including at least four (4) in management and a significant amount in fast paced, high volume production environments, paper converting experience a plus but not required.
- Strong management, leadership, organizational and administrative skills, able to multi-task and stay cool under pressure.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office 365 Skills, advanced level preferred.
- Mechanically inclined with strong problem solving skills.
- Hands on, walk around plant floor management style.
- Ability to effectively communicate with, relate to and motivate all employees.
- Covid-19 vaccinated prior to in-person interviews and site-visits and committed to taking all necessary and appropriate FDA approved and CDC recommended boosters during AJM employment.
At AJM, our comprehensive “Cafeteria Benefits Plan” and “Flexible Spending Arrangement” (FSA), truly set us apart from the competition. Under the cafeteria plan you’ll receive a package of company paid medical, dental, optical, life and disability insurance coverage and be able to adjust the proportions spent on each coverage/benefit to suit your personal requirements and preferences. You can even redirect a portion of the total spend to pay for homeowners, car and pet insurance premiums purchased at group rates. Lastly, under the Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA), you’ll be able to contribute a portion of your annual earnings on a pre-tax basis to pay for child and dependent care and medical, dental and optical insurance co-pays and deductibles.
Summary of Benefits –
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Agreement
- Child & Dependent Care Savings Account
- 401 K Retirement Plan (with Safe Harbor Company Match)
- Employee Assistance/Wellness Program
- Paid Sick & Personal Time
- Professional Development Program (AJM University)
About Us –
AJM was founded as a manufacturer of paper and plastic products in 1957 by three (3) Detroit area brothers who eleven (11) years earlier began selling retail packaging, cleaning and office supplies and equipment and consumer disposables out of a small warehouse in Detroit’s Eastern Market. Over many years, we gradually evolved from our broadline distributor beginnings into a major paper products manufacturer, today employing nearly 3,000 people and operating eight (8) manufacturing and five (5) warehouse/distribution facilities strategically located throughout the United States.
We’re still family owned and operated, still manufacturing our products in the good old USA and still providing our customers with the same reliable service and quality products they’ve come to expect from AJM for nearly 65 years now. It’s a simple formula, no doubt, but you can’t argue with success. Today we’re the nation’s leading manufacturer of private label paper plates, cups and bowls, lunch bags and lawn and leaf bags.
Career Development –
At AJM, we realize we will only go as far as our employees can take us and, for that reason, we invest millions of dollars every year on both classroom and on-the-job training to develop our employees’ skills and promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement. There are no barriers to impede your progress here and no ceilings to halt your advance. You’ll control your own destiny, and we will help you reach your full potential with both in-house development programs and tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate level college studies. Join our team and see where your AJM journey takes you!
For More Information –
Visit our website at www.ajmpack.com or call (833) 562-7256
Equal Employment Opportunities –
AJM Packaging Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations