Working within established guidelines, this position is responsible for monitoring and developing systematic tools and operational processes that protect both our products and our client’s data. With moderate supervision, this position is responsible for applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills to mine, analyze, interpret and process data that supports our Data Loss Protection initiatives. Additionally, this position will participate in periodic network and system scans to monitor results, clean, prepare and verify the integrity of data for final analysis and reporting, communicating findings to all necessary stakeholders.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position typically performs work in a corporate or field location and reports to a Manager or above.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
- Identify relevant data sources and data sets and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables from company databases and system tools
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organization
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
- Create and review data incident reports, track compliance with data/information management policies, and escalate as appropriate
- Conduct continual assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identify areas for improvement
- Monitor security measures for the protection of information stored and processed on computer systems, networks and applications
- Develop, support, and deliver improvements to organizational information security policies and procedures based on industry regulations such as HIPAA and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Participate in periodic security related audits
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the six Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
CARING People are the heart of our company. We care about people: our Clients, our Client’s employees and their families, our partners, and local communities, and our fellow employees at WageWorks.
CUSTOMER-CENTRIC Our Customer comes first. We aim to serve our Clients and their employees, our brokers and partners, as well as our internal customers.
PASSIONATE We love what we do and are passionate about delivering Consumer-Directed Benefits that save people money and enrich their lives.
ACCOUNTABLE We are dedicated to making our team and the company succeed, and we are open, honest, ethical, and conscientious, as we deliver on our commitments.
LEADING Our actions inspire new ideas and drive change each and every day.
RESPECTFUL We value the diversity of our people, treat them with dignity and respect, encourage their development and reward their performance.
WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
No formal supervisory responsibility entailed.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related discipline
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience and in depth knowledge and experience in data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis techniques
- Experience with various programming and scripting languages
- Experience with databases, processing, and storage frameworks
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and data management tools
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills in a distributed team working closely with cross-functional groups
- Strong knowledge of desktop, server, application, database, and network principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concise
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to build relationships and influence all levels of an organization, including the senior executive level, director level, and employee as well as customers and vendors
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Governance, Risk Management and Compliance concepts
- Working technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Working knowledge of PHI, PCI and HIPAA regulations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Information Protection, Windows Information Protection, Data Loss Protection Allgress platforms
Proficiency with business and communications software (preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook) is required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Infrequent travel may be required. Occasional travel to attend training or meetings may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
Work requires normal range of hearing and eyesight. Incumbent must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and operate a keyboard and other office equipment. The ability to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day and function in an environment with frequent interruptions is required. At times, incumbents are subject to sitting for prolonged periods. Infrequently, incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs. Incumbent may experience elevated levels of stress during periods of increased activity and with work entailing multiple deadlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.