- Perform wetlands delineations, wetlands permitting, wetlands mitigation design, wetland monitoring, soils classification;
- Design small, on-site wastewater treatment systems;
- Ensure site conformance to engineering plans and specifications;
- Evaluate sites and write sensitive area reports;
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, and aerial photos with regard to soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design various projects;
- Present recommendations, conclusions, andresults in clear and concise manner to top management, public groups, boardsofdirectors, and other project stakeholders;
- Calculate costs and determine feasibility ofprojects based on the analysis of collected data;
- Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports,specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designsfor projects;
- Uses computer assisted engineering and designsoftware to prepare design documents;
- Assist with preparation ofproposals including quotes in process; and
- Occasionally direct a survey crew and/or CAD technician.
This position is in our Iowa City office.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Biology, Botany, Environmental Science, or related field; project experience preferred but not required;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public;
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; and
- Valid Iowa Driver's License.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 2 years
Required work authorization: