Senior Revenue Accountant - San Jose, CA
Are you an enthusiastic Senior Revenue Accountant who thrives in collaboration with people in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment? Are you a self-starter who takes initiative to ensure proper recognition in accordance with polices and standards?
Our client is seeking an experienced, hands-on Senior Revenue Accountant responsible for managing the revenue cycle and quote review through revenue recognition. The Senior Revenue Accountant will report into the Director of Revenue.
Senior Revenue Accountant Responsibilities:
Senior Revenue Accountant Qualifications:
- As a subject matter expert, the candidate will partner with cross-functional business partners such as sales, service operations, legal, and product teams, in respect to a variety of company initiatives
- Key contributor in the revenue close process
- Prepare revenue and deferred revenue analyses and related journal entries
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards
- Help design, implement, and monitor key revenue related processes and controls
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- Big 4 public accounting experience; CPA license highly preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Public company experience is a plus
- Experience applying multiple element software revenue accounting guidance (ASC 605 and a basic understanding of ASC 606)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and partner cross-functionally
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Organized and detail oriented
For additional Parker + Lynch consulting opportunities, please visit www.parkerlynch.com. Thank you!