Senior Revenue Accountant - San Jose, CA
Are you an enthusiastic Senior Revenue Accountant who thrives in collaboration with people in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment? Are you a self-starter who takes initiative to ensure proper recognition in accordance with polices and standards?
Our client is seeking an experienced, hands-on Senior Revenue Accountant responsible for managing the revenue cycle and quote review through revenue recognition. The Senior Revenue Accountant will report into the Director of Revenue.
Senior Revenue Accountant Responsibilities:
• As a subject matter expert, the candidate will partner with cross-functional business partners such as sales, service operations, legal, and product teams, in respect to a variety of company initiatives
• Key contributor in the revenue close process
• Prepare revenue and deferred revenue analyses and related journal entries
• Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards
• Help design, implement, and monitor key revenue related processes and controls
• Participate in ad hoc projects as needed
Senior Revenue Accountant Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
• Big 4 public accounting experience; CPA license highly preferred
• Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role
• Public company experience is a plus
• Experience applying multiple element software revenue accounting guidance (ASC 605 and a basic understanding of ASC 606)
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and partner cross-functionally
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Organized and detail oriented
For additional Parker + Lynch consulting opportunities, please visit www.parkerlynch.com. Thank you!