Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2015, "Best Agency to Work For" in 2013 and "Best New Agency" in 2012 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has approximately 600 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Singapore and Washington D.C.
The IT Helpdesk Administrator’s role is to ensure the smooth running of the IT services in Finn Partner’s New York office as well as assisting the Global Computer Services team. This involves the proper maintenance of the desktop and laptop workstations operations so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- Maintain operation of desktop and laptop workstations
- Maintain operation of file storage, print and network services
- Assist staff to resolve IT problems and issues
- Specify and procure new hardware and software and maintain register of the IT assets
- Partake in the development and implementation of office and group IT Project
- Telephone support – Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced person or vendor.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Utilize software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources in order to aid in problem resolution.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Workstation builds- build and deploy workstations as required, configured for the company network and according to company standards.
- Hardware upgrades and problem troubleshooting by liaising with third part vendor or helpdesk
- Software maintenance; download and managing software installations as required.
- User account management – add/delete user accounts manage access rights of current users
- File Storage – manage and monitor the file storage service on Box.com including; access rights and performance.
- Archiving- Work with the project teams to identify and archive data as and when necessary according to company policies.
- Antivirus/Security software – Ensure that all networked devices are protected by antivirus and security software according to IT standards.
- Office 365 E-Mail administration and management.
- Active Directory and Group Policy management including management of Apple devices through Centrify.
- Manage network connectivity – ensure the switches are set-up for the best performance to the different parts of the building;
- Ensure that when networked equipment is installed/moved that it is given the correct connection
- Cable management to be implemented in all installations
Acquisitions and purchasing
- Supplies ordering
- Hardware and software procurement
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Assist in the formulation of the annual budget
Ad-hoc Project work
- Scope and investigate new projects
- Assist with business case development for project budget approval
- Take active role in completing work on projects
- Implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, data protection, disaster recovery, purchasing, and service provision.
1. Education and Training
IT related diploma or university degree preferred but not essential.
- Around 1 - 3 years’ equivalent work experience in an IT role with excellent demonstrated knowledge of Windows PC and Apple Mac hardware, software, components and basic troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of and ability to manage: Windows networking, LAN/WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, Active Directory system administration tasks, printing, and mobile devices
- Experience of administering and implementing the following applications/suites is preferred but not required:
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Microsoft Office 365
o Box.com cloud storage
o Adobe Creative Suite
o Trend Micro Antivirus and Security suite
3. Personal Qualities
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation.
- Ability to conduct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
4. Work Conditions
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- This role is based in the Finn Partners New York office but travel to other Finn Partners offices may be required for support coverage / training needs.