Benefits of Working for Safety
Safety Insurance has become one of the leading property and casualty insurance providers in Massachusetts mainly because of our unwavering commitment to independent agents and their customers. Our success is built on a philosophy of offering the highest quality insurance products at competitive rates and providing the best service at all costs.
Through our supportive career, educational and family policies, we enable our employees to be their best. We respect the balance of work and leisure by offering flexible schedules and a 37.5 hour workweek. Safety employees enjoy a positive environment in our convenient downtown office located in the heart of Boston's financial district.
Along with our competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 100% matching 401k retirement plan, 100% tuition reimbursement and much, much more!
This position is designed to take initial claims via fax, mail or phone from our agent, insured or claimant. The adjuster sets up the claim, investigates the accident or loss and makes a liability and deductible decision and decision to pay along with applying an appropriate surcharge or subrogation demand.
- Sets up claims on WMS from information received via fax, mail or phone call from our agent, insured or claimant
- Identifies and applies coverages and limits
- Gathers information from witnesses, claimants, and insured in order to establish liability and damages
- Uses various software and databases to adjust claim
- Applies Massachusetts At-Fault Standard to establish liability
- Applies the appropriate surcharge according to the Mass. General Law
- Identifies all subrogation opportunities
- Makes liability and deductible decision and decision to pay
- Fosters and maintains relationship with agents through communication and customer service skills
- College degree or insurance course work/experience required
- Superior organization skills and detail orientation required
- Customer service experience required
- Excellent communications skills required
- Ability to work co-operatively within a team environment