Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA
The Google Technical Services Velocity team’s mission is two-fold. First, they aim to make mobile web faster and more engaging for millions of users through close partnerships with Google’s top 1,000 customers, and more scaled engagements with all other segments of customers. Second, they help bring Google Assistant to non-Google devices and services (e.g., TV, speakers). These initiatives are critical for Google’s future growth, and require high-velocity decision-making with many teams across Google.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Partner Technology Manager, you lead cross-functional teams and work closely with partners to leverage emerging technologies. From early piloting to wide-scale deployment, you oversee the technical execution and business operation of Google partnerships. You develop product strategy and prioritize projects and resources. You're able to balance business and partner needs with technical constraints. Entrepreneurial and detail-oriented, you are motivated by bringing Google products and technologies to market and to our partners.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features and ensure prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner’s integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering.
- Understand operational workflows, identify and define tool needs to enable operational scaling, and drive the initial and ongoing development and deployment of these tools with Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with information systems and technologies (e.g., data management, databases, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with C, C++, Java, Python or Lisp.
- MBA or Master's degree in related field.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Internet products and technologies.
- Experience identifying business needs, defining, and building technical solutions to address business needs in a start-up environment.
- Experience planning for and managing several large-scale, interrelated, complex technical projects and coordinating technical project team members to deliver quality results within the project deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and influencing skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude and excellent written/oral business communication and people skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.