Part Time Stylist
Saturday & Sunday Required, Additional 4 hours/week flexible - 20 hours per week
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Must have valid cosmetology license.
Dyson US is entering the Beauty category with the launch of our latest technology – the Supersonic Hairdryer. If you love beauty and innovation this role is for you!
We are seeking licensed beauty enthusiasts with a passion for innovative technology to represent our brand as Dyson Experts. As a Dyson Stylist, you will specialize in delivering exciting and compelling demonstrations focused on our hair dryer – Supersonic through live demonstration at key events and retailers.
Stylists will be responsible for sharing product knowledge confidently for Hair Care. Stylists are responsible for delivering hands on demonstrations that include styling, building relationships with our customers and assisting in the sale of Dyson products to achieve specified goals.
Demonstrations are conducted in a variety of retailer locations and events across the United States. This position requires work shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and some weekdays, holidays or as business dictates.
Stylists work part-time as members of the Sell-Through team.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Retail Sales teams epitomize the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long-term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. And overseeing many different retail areas – from instore fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
Experience and Education
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor Degree a plus
- Retail sales/ sales experience
- Must be licensed to style hair in NY
- Ability to work weekends, some weekday holidays and as business dictates, including up to an hour a week for administrative work
- High standards of personal appearance.
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Strong communication and presentation skills essential
- Charismatic and outgoing personality
- Good understanding of retail business operations; local market knowledge is a plus
- Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work well independently
- Must be available to attend and actively participate in team meetings conference calls
- Attuned – Being emotionally smart
- Fighter – Getting the best result
- Architect – Creating the climate for success
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.