We are actively recruiting a full-time Maintenance Technician for this location. This position is typically 40+ hours per week with potential overtime. This position requires the availability to work early mornings, early evenings, and Saturdays.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for maintaining all equipment in our industrial laundry including but not limited to: washers, dryers, ironers, conveyors, boilers, air compressors, etc., troubleshooting any potential issues in order to keep the plant running at maximum productivity, and performing other duties as assigned
- Perform preventative maintenance on all plant equipment.
- Maintain all equipment according to manufacturers' and company recommendations.
- Work on expansion, renovation, and/or cost saving projects as required.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose any potential issues in order to keep the plant running at maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Performs all assigned duties in a safe fashion and in accordance with OSHA standards and directives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Associate's degree from a technical college or a trade school diploma OR 2+ years of experience as a technician in an industrial setting.
- Able to read electrical, pneumatic, steam, and hydraulic schematics.
- Have strong electronic and electrical abilities.
- Experience with PLCs, motors, and electrical circuits.
- Familiar with pneumatics and compressed air systems.
- Understand hydraulic systems.
- Experience with boilers and steam systems.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Experience operating forklifts and scissor lifts.
- Ability to work outside during inclement weather.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Comfortable with heights.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to report to work as scheduled even during bad weather.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and display a strong work ethic.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail.
- Have a stable work history.
- Be able to pass extensive pre-employment background checks (including a criminal background check) and a drug test.
- Excellent Hourly Rate
- Great Work Schedules
- Award-winning Work Environment
ABOUT DEMPSEY UNIFORM
Since its founding in 1959, Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply has become a leading uniform and linen supplier in the Mid-Atlantic by maintaining its family ownership and continuously investing in its people and plant to stay ahead of the competition. At Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply, you'll find uniforms, linens and floor mats that can be rented at a low weekly cost that includes weekly pick-up, cleaning and delivery. Our offering includes uniform services, restaurant linen services, towel services, medical linen services and facility services.
Dempsey is an innovator in our industry because we have always invested in opportune technologies for our business. Dempsey's state-of-the-art processing facility in Clifton, NJ opened to both local and industry acclaim for it's technology. Dempsey is committed to leveraging technologies that control our customers' costs and enhance their service experience.
Dempsey has grown rapidly, yet responsibly, over the past five years. Through five strategic acquisitions, a well-developed management team, and excellent banking relationships, Dempsey has welcomed hundreds of new customers and enhanced existing customer relationships.
Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply is committed to a sustainable future through environmental stewardship and conservation of the earth's natural resources. Dempsey has become a leader in both the textile rental industry and our local community in preserving our environment.
Continuity for Keeping Promises
The Dempsey Difference is about our commitment to keeping promises. A commitment that extends to every single one of our employees, many of whom have spent most of their careers with us. As a result, the same people that make our promises will be there to fulfill them.
It all makes for a really promising future. We hope you'll consider joining the Dempsey Family and help us continue our legacy of keeping promises.