*** Must have active or ability to obtain TS/SCI w CI Poly ***
Performs installation, removal, termination and testing of communications cables related to “Critical” computer room raised-floor equipment and other site-related communication cable requirements.
• Performs other general electrical, maintenance and communication cable installation-related duties as required.
• Installs/removes communication cables (fiber and copper), determines proper communication cable routing/termination and installs connections on fiber and copper communication cables.
• Installs communications cable tray, installs power feeds in a Critical Computer Room Raised-Floor environment.
• Installs conduit/cables for general site-related electrical applications.
• Performs other general maintenance-related duties.
• Works overtime (both scheduled and emergency), after hours (early morning or late night), weekends and holidays as required.
• Pager duty and associated responsibilities.
• Complies with all Fluor Corporation safety requirements and programs.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
Education & Experience
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum two years of experience in any site maintenance/facilities related field (electrical or communications preferred).
• Knowledge and training in communications, electrical hazards, Lockout/Tagout and basic electrical safety.
• Experience working with low voltage AC (600 VAC Nominal or less) and associated low voltage AC and DC control circuits.
• Knowledge and ability to work with hazardous chemicals.
• Ability to work in “High Pressure” situations on “Critical” equipment effectively and safely.
Other Job Requirements
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid New Mexico Driver’s License
• “Level I” Cable Installer Certification preferred.
• Ability to obtain “Level 2” Cable Installer Certification within two years of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.