- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or related
- Strong proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and statistical analysis tools
Amazon Music - Shop, Stream, Live.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Love data? Love music? The Amazon Music Finance team is looking for a brilliant, creative, and passionate professional to join our as Business Intelligence Engineer. Responsibilities include: developing customer insights and segmentation to enhance and drive acquisition and engagement marketing efficiency, developing self-serve analytical tools for use by the Finance team, etc.
In this role you will work to create and surface critical datasets to the Finance team for self-service analysis and reporting in order to facilitate deep dives and controllership. You will help lead the way in defining and optimizing how we measure and value customer acquisition and engagement.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong technical skills, superb analytical capabilities, outstanding business insight, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across Amazon. You will work closely with the finance, marketing, merchandising, product, and development teams to solve unique problems and find answers to questions that require tenacious problem solving and creativity.
Data-driven decision-making is at the core of Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for the Amazon Music Team.
- Working with finance, marketing, merchandising, product management and engineering to identify and scope data aggregations that facilitate analysis of most common customer behavioral questions.
- Partnering with our Data Engineering team to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights made available through Tableau.
- Drive understanding of customer behavior and contribute to product and marketing strategy.
- Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
- Build a thorough understanding of the Digital Music industry, its seasonality and global business trends and continually monitor the impact of important industry developments.
- Work closely with finance team to conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting and monitoring of key business activity.
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field
- Highly skilled at querying relational databases (SQL) and proven experience using a variety of business intelligence reporting tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
- business areas
- Experience with Python or other relevant scripting language
- Experience with relational database design and architecture
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Internet/Music industry experience
- A passion for music!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws. #MusicJobs