Job Summary Generally responsible for developing bid packages, submitting Request for Quote (RFQ), awarding purchase orders and expediting in support of various projects. This work will be performed under general supervision. Key Responsibilities and Duties Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing procurement plans for the acquisition of goods and services in support of various projects.
- Interpreting project scopes, statements of work and project schedules.
- Mentoring less experienced Procurement Teammates.
- Developing strategic sourcing agreements and subcontracts.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor or Master of Science degree in related field from an accredited university is preferred.
Certification is not required for this position.
This position requires 10 to 15 years of relevant industrial experience in procurement.
- Familiarity with and utilization of department standards.
- Familiarity with the execution of heavy industrial projects including chemical, refining, pulp and paper, power, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge and application of company standards.
- Ability to organize effectively and execute contracts.
- Complete understanding of contract language and commercial terms and conditions.
- Working knowledge and understanding of contract law and the UCC.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively negotiate contract conditions with suppliers and/or contractors.
- Working knowledge of International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS).
- Complete knowledge and understanding of payment terms.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of SAP, Ariba or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Physical Requirements • Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
In compliance with Hargrove Policies and Procedures, all candidates must be able to successfully complete a drug screen with a passing result as well as a satisfactory background verification report.