About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as largescale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland securityclient readiness. Caliburn employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The company’s website is www.caliburnintl.com
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Caliburn is currently seeking a Lead Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to support our Medical Services in Kabul.
The primary responsibilities of the Lead Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner include the following:
- Compile and submit required reporting documentation to the PMO or customer upon request.
- Review and approve personnel time sheets.
- Review PTO changes prior to submitting to PMO for final approval.
- Coordinate and initiate MASCAL exercises.
- Provide chart review standards and processes prior to submitting to PMO.
- Provide evacuation plans and procedures to personnel.
- Provide expectations to staff along with performance evaluations.
- Personnel accountability procedures and documentation.
- Medevac procedures and protocols.
- Serious incident reporting (determine who qualifies and who is notified).
- Vehicle access requests and maintenance.
- Facility environment care ensuring personnel keep med lab equipment operational at all times.
- Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant, at the direction of the responsible CMO, may be required to hand carry meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) for Hospitalized patients from the dining facility.
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required.
- Assists with the managing of day to day activities and prioritizing tasks.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Complies with all applicable CHS standards and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Physician Assistant must hold a current and active NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants). Nurse Practitioners must hold an active and current certification from either the AANP (American Association of Nurse Practitioners) or ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center).
- Must hold an unrestricted State Medical License as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Licensed PA-C or Nurse Practitioner.
- Have and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Must hold an active DEA License.
- Participate in training, (including HIPAA training).
- All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least 6 months out of the past year.
- Two years’ experience in a leadership role is preferred
- Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioners with emergency medicine experience are highly desirable.
- Mid-Level Providers who recently completed a Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course or comparable advanced trauma course featuring “live tissue” or simulation training are very desirable.
- Strong organizational, analytical and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries and respond in a timely manner
- Ability to work well with senior management and across functions to achieve business objectives
- Self-starter who is action oriented and possesses a strong sense of urgency
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; travel in Afghanistan is required by surface or air.
- The climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
Caliburn International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Caliburn International LLC is a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
Caliburn Medical Services supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards. For more information about Caliburn and our career opportunities, visit us at www.caliburnintl.com.
Job Type: Full-time