- At least 2-5 years of experience working in relevant industries such as law, customer service, investigations, project management, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- Exceptional written communication skills - able to write, clearly and succinctly
- Exceptional ownership and bias for action – willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident
- Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
- Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
- Excellent cross departmental collaboration skills
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us ensure that customers may make great purchase decisions and that brand owners and sellers using Amazon are successful listing and selling their products. Amazon’s growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
We are seeking a talented Risk Manager to manage critical investigations affecting customer trust globally. The ideal candidate possesses strong business judgment, deep analytical thinking, is comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment, and has worked collaboratively with others to develop, implement, and communicate business improvement and innovative investigative strategies. Strong verbal and written communication skills, a solution-oriented approach, and relationship-building skills are important attributes to succeed in this role.
The Risk Manager is right a lot, works efficiently both independently and with teammates, and routinely deliver results on time. They possess a global view of their business and think in terms of immediate problem solving but also automating, expanding, and scaling solutions broadly. The Risk Manager will be tasked to:
- Utilize and help improve existing investigative strategies and solutions to prevent and mitigate risk.
- Work closely across Amazon teams to identify any gaps in policies, processes and tools related to intellectual property protection.
- Contribute to the development of scalable models and tools that speed up both decision making and accuracy for the organization.
- Closely monitor media and global events to anticipate and mitigate potential risks. Be comfortable using data to analyze trends, predict and fix problems before they happen.
- Take leading role in drafting and presenting deep-dive documents, including responses to senior executives.
The Risk Manager should also be comfortable diving into data, developing a strong working knowledge for how other teams at Amazon operate worldwide, and partnering on long-term training and development of new Risk Managers.
- Experience working in risk, fraud or compliance organizations
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
- Strong enthusiasm to provide superb customer service to executive leadership and other key stakeholders
- Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Most investigations will be in English, however language skills in Japanese, Arabic, German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other non-English languages are a plus.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.