- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
Operating in SolidWorks, the Mechanical Designer will create accurate, detailed drawings transferring the requirements of customers 2D and 3D product blueprints to a manufacturing blueprint usable to fabricate parts and whole assemblies within FVMT.
- Prepare SolidWorks drawings to include patterns and all dimensions required to fabricate parts or equipment, detailing small to large mechanical, structural and/or miscellaneous metal parts with speed and accuracy.
- Develop drawings of piece parts, weldments, and entire machines using electronic layouts, prints, drawings and other sources.
- Revise existing drawings as needed.
- Generate exploded views of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Be able to take the drawing from start to finish.
- Provide mentoring and other valuable characteristics to department.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and professionally resolve issues that are causing extra time to work through in the department.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Support and/or drive FVMT continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- An Associate degree in Mechanical Design or similar from an accredited college or university is required. In lieu of degree, proven work experience may be substituted. * Minimum of three years of experience with SolidWorks working in an engineering or manufacturing environment required.
- Must possess strong communication and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of fabrication processes including cold and band saws, shears, laser cutting, water jet cutting, press brake forming, deburring, machining, welding, finishing and assembly is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required.
Specialized Experience: Proficiency in an ERP systems; INFOR (SyteLine) preferred. Product and manufacturing blue print reading. Working knowledge of AWS and Military welding procedures and specifications is a plus.
To be considered for this opportunity, please visit www.fvmt.com/jobs.php today. You must apply at fvmt.com to be considered for this opportunity.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Good people, good work, great environment; that's Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Design: 3 years (Preferred)