Foster Fuels, Inc. a fuel distribution company, is looking for a self-driven Network Administrator in our Information Technology Division. The role is primarily for maintaining the company's technology network and recommending and implementing up-dates as required. The candidate's responsibility will span each of Foster Fuels locations. The candidates must be self-motivated and able to work within the organization's technology strategy. A high degree of internal and external co-ordination and problem solving is required, particularly with internal customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade the corporate network and in-house servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Implement new and needed updates to current equipment and add hardware as required to promote the techology infrastructure of the corporation.
- Support and administer third party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and lagency) and test for weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Set up user accounts, permissions, passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administrator
- 1-3 years proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Exceptional at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Juniper, Cisco, CWNA or BCNE, Palo Alto Firewall, Ubiqiti training
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers or willingness to learn the technology
- Knowledge and experience using Crystal Report Writer and SQL Report Writer
* Analyzing and critical thinking * Time management * Effective written and verbal communications skills * Team player * Maintains up-to-date technology knowledge * Self learner.
Physicial requirements: Must be able to lift, move and place weights up to 50 lbs., climbing, standing, squatting, crawling.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 1 year (Required)
- Brookneal, VA (Preferred)