Department: Distribution Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
Supervises: N/A FLSA Status: Non-exempt
FT/PT: Full Time Union Status: Union
Verifies the accuracy oforders pulled and ensures that the correct product will be shipped in thecorrect quantity. Visually inspectpallets and ensure that merchandise is palletized properly and wrappedsecurely. The person must be a teamplayer, work well unsupervised and be self-motivated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includethe following.
- Inspect all freight being loaded on to trucks and report any errors found by the selectors
- Attention to Detail: Accuracy counts. You need to make sure not to miss any details when counting orders.
- Complete an Auditor’s log and discuss the day’s findings with supervisory team.
- Ensure that pallets are wrapped and packed correctly
- Ensure the correct merchandise is loaded on the designated truck
- Work with Selectors on ensuring a quality, accurate shipment to the customer.
- Hand in the Auditor’s Log to the shipping department
- Assist in investigation of miss shipments, damages and short on trucks
- Various other tasks are regularly assigned, including nightly clean-up, and general warehouse/facility duties
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 6 months more related experience and/or training;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract and multiply.
- Good follow-up skills.
- Excellent communication skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described hereare representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfullyperform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must regularly be able to lift and/or move up to thirty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move fifty or more pounds.
- Must be able to work in a loud and noisy environment.
- Must be able to work in an industrial environment with open areas that are cold in winter and hot in summer.
- Warehouse individuals must complete all daily tasks given before leaving the jobsite unless approved by a supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Employees working per shift: