Full Job Description
The simple act of caring is heroic
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement community that also offers social services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and place value on high-quality job performance, professional development, workplace safety, and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring, and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent.
The Clinic Driver role is a Full-Time, Regular position reporting to the RCFE Health Services Manager.
1. Receives and follows driving assignments from the Transportation Supervisor and as outlined in established procedures. When performing Masonic Home trips, maintain contact with the Masonic Home staff via the Nextel phone system. Assists residents in and out of vehicles. Escorts residents into medical facilities. Must be able to read and understand street maps.
2. Drives a variety of vehicles as permitted by possession of a California Class B driver’s license with passenger endorsement, Class II or Class A driver’s license with passenger endorsement. Drives residents and staff to medical appointments, shopping trips, recreational events and or any event designated by the Transportation Supervisor.
3. Cleans Masonic Home vehicles as needed or as assigned, Performs basic safety inspections prior to any assigned trip. Performs minor maintenance as needed or as assigned.
4. Cleans and maintains assigned areas according to schedules and/or verbal instructions. Picks up trash generated by the facility as needed. Uses standard custodial equipment and machines to maintain a clean and neat facility. Handles and disposes of medical waste as needed or as required.
5. Cleans wheel chairs, geri chairs and walkers as required. Cleans custodial equipment after use.
6. Changes light bulbs as needed.
7. Packs residents belongings, moves residents and staff within the buildings and in some cases moves new residents into the Home as required.
8. Sets up specific areas for resident and staff meetings, recreational events, and outside groups who wish to use our facility.
9. Sets up and transports audio/visual equipment for residential and staff functions as directed.
10. Assists in maintaining grounds as needed or as required. Maintains grounds equipment if required. Fills approved containers with fuels as needed.
11. Reports and responds to any and all emergencies as needed. Learns and understands Material Safety Data Sheets (M.S.D.S).
12. Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers. Must be courteous and tactful with residents and the general public.
13. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Requires clean DMV record, maintains Class II license or Class A or B with passenger endorsement. Must be safe and safety conscious at all times. Must be flexible and able to work a weekend day or days as needed.
Enrollment into quarterly random drug/alcohol screening program per DOT regulations.
As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process.
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
A work environment focused on teamwork and support
Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being
A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement