This position will require relocation to Muscatine, Iowa.
The Integration Architect will create the technical vision and provide thought leadership for all integration technologies. The architect will develop, create awareness for, and monitor adherence to integration standards and will utilize these standards to design solutions that meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability.
The Integration Architect is responsible for reviewing the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of designs and provides oversight of applications within their team. This involves the uniformity of application implementations under their influence, proper performance of those applications, and the future vision of the team’s development within the enterprise direction. This position will be responsible for ensuring that software developed meets: architectural and quality expectations and requires a broad knowledge about all applicable business processes.
The Integration Architect has a deep understanding of integration technologies and practices as well as the business acumen to develop overarching system designs. The Architect partners with the Integration team to develop standards and design patterns. This position will work with various IT teams to champion the adoption of patterns, platforms, and tools to support the usage and conformity of the integration architecture.
This Architect is a mentor and provides positive and developmental feedback and capitalizes on teachable moments to grow others. This position is responsible for the technical training and development of associates.
- Analyzes the business needs, defines detailed requirements based on business outcomes, develops proposed solutions/approaches including the new process and policy changes, new system capabilities and/or configurations needed, with the business community, and recommends potential alternatives, including business and technical considerations.
- Ensures holistic solution design, making sure that cross-functional considerations are incorporated into the functional and technical design specifications, focusing on strategic business capabilities and requirements.
- Creation and review functional and technical specifications and validates design/development specifications with technical development teams
- Identifies and coordinates with stakeholder technical teams to ensure the delivery of a holistic solution design
- Creates and communicates solution overviews and alternatives to technical and business leadership in order to provide understanding of solution direction and to gain consensus support of the recommended solution approach.
- Ensures solutions are aligned with application strategies and identify opportunities, challenges, and migration road maps to support strategies
- Educate stakeholders of application architecture risks to influence change that supports business and IT strategies
- Collaborate to develop and present business cases for IT investment strategy needed to support application architecture road map
- Participate in on-call rotation and perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 5+ years of IT experience; among which minimum 3 years experience in integration or solution design
- Experience with multiple and diverse technology environments and software solutions
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies and methods preferred
- Proven track record of successfully delivering API/SOA/Middleware integration projects
- Microservices/Cloud based architecture supporting mobile applications
- Experience with agile methodologies preferred
- Must be visionary and strategic in approach, and demonstrated ability to apply application integration disciplines to solve business problems
- Strong skills in a business area and able to understand business problems and how to create processes and system capabilities to solve these problems or opportunities.
- Strong skills in the system capabilities and how they would be applied and /or configured to solving the business problem.
- Strong understanding of implementation processes and best practices in application architecture
- Must work independently with minimal direction with superior organizational skills
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to drive change
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical concepts in business terms and present to senior management
- Ability to envision and detail out solutions to meet current and anticipated future business needs across functional and technical process areas.
- Extensive business and/or systems analysis skills that support applications development
- Proven track record of delivering within deadlines with the ability to prioritize projects
Job Type: Full-time