Family Practice office in McKinney, TX is seeking an experienced, outgoing, and reliable Certified Medical Assistant to add to our back office team.
- Reviews patient history and reason for visit.
- Prepares exam room with equipment and supplies according to visit type and adhering to Universal Health Precautions.
- Manages patient rooming to efficiently meet daily appointment schedules.
- Reviews presenting issue, visit notes, history, orders, and updates appropriately within the EMR.
- Confirms all EMR templates for completeness prior to the visit.
- Assists physician with exams, conducts pre and post-vial tests and/or procedures as required.
- Sanitizes medical supplies and properly disposes of used materials.
- Manages faxes and phone calls.
- Audits clinical supply levels and manages ordering and replacement accordingly.
- Manages physician-authorized medication refills
- 2-3 years related experience, preferably in a Primary Health Care setting.
- Certified Medical Assistant – must be current.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experienced in properly handling confidential and sensitive information; knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Experience with basic desktop software, medical practice management, and electronic medical record systems
We are an established employer that is committed to maintaining a respectful, professional, and engaging workplace where our employees are encouraged to learn. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, paid holidays, PTO, & referral programs. Our mission to deliver superior patient care by providing higher quality and greater access and convenience to our patients cannot be accomplished without our extraordinary support staff. We are looking for detail-oriented, dedicated professionals to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Assistant: 2 years (Required)