All applicants are required to submit an application. You may visit our website at www.braysisland.org to download an application. A complete application may be sent via fax: 843-846-5510, via mail: P.O. box 30 Sheldon, SC 29941, or drop it off at our Security Gate. For more information contact the HR office (843) 846-3116.
FUNCTION: Serves as landscape spray technician for the Landscape Maintenance department. Responsibilities include pesticide maintenance and upkeep of all amenity areas using motorized, electrical, or hand equipment and tools. Ensures that all support and service is conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of Brays Island Plantation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies pesticides in the amenity areas on a scheduled or as needed basis to control weeds, ants and plant pests.
- Applies pesticides in the owner’s yards as needed.
- Keeps a check on the status of the ponds and applies chemicals as needed.
- Keeps accurate records of chemicals used.
- Makes sure that there is a label for every chemical that is in the chemical room.
- Makes sure the MSDS sheets are up to date and copies are in the appropriate locations.
- Ensures that all pesticides are applied as required by the label and all federal and state pesticide regulations are followed.
- Assists landscape technician with maintaining the condition and player ability of clay tennis courts.
- Assists landscape technician with the maintenance of plantation pools.
- Assists with the landscape maintenance crew as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English well enough to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets and universal signs for the maintenance trade; e.g., poison, flammable.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 100 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day.
- Must be able to drive a car, and possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, and remain mentally alert.
- Must possess the proper training and (as applicable) licenses necessary to operate and repair all types of turf maintenance equipment, to include mowers, trenchers, trucks, backhoe, front-end loader, fork lift, and all-terrain vehicles.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- The employee will be in the vicinity of site specific vegetation and native species of reptiles and mammals, subjecting the employee to possible injury from contact or bites. Proper footwear, headgear, and maintenance attire should be worn for protection.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
- Employee will work predominantly in an outside environment which includes, but is not limited to wind, rain, cold, and extreme heat and humidity.
Education: High school graduate or ability to obtain high school diploma or equivalent of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills: Ability to operate all forms of light and heavy landscape maintenance equipment. Able to work and complete assignments with minimal supervision. Commercial pesticide applicator license a must.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years spray tech experience preferred.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change; e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- spray tech: 3 years (Preferred)
- Landscape: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Other types of insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts