UPN is currently looking for an experienced Construction Manager located in San Antonio, TX. This candidate will plan, direct and coordinate activities pertaining to the daily operation of the outside fiber plant to include estimating, engineering, permitting, contracting, designing and maintenance of new fiber optic network build projects and existing fiber facility relocations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop accurate Outside Plant Fiber construction estimates for new opportunities and maintenance requirements.
- Will handle the day to day operations of the Outside Plant Fiber network to include: Engineering, permitting, contracting, designing and maintaining of new building adds and existing Fiber facility relocations.
- Works closely with upstream groups, completing fiber verification requests, design, permit and manage construction of new fiber network.
- Monitors infrastructure builds and reviews/punch lists and approves work has met UPN’s construction standards.
- Will meet with contractors, Right of Way Representatives, Engineering firms, customers, other OSP engineers and vendors to coordinate/mitigate projects.
Requirement for the position include:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3-5+ years of OSP fiber engineering and construction experience, telecom experience preferred.
- Strong OSP construction knowledge with ability to read/red-line construction drawings to facilitate new builds, relocations and emergency repairs
- Exposure to permitting, engineering, contractor management, fiber splicing, project management, different types of underground and aerial cable plant installation and maintenance.
- Assumes responsibility for contribution to the success of major or multiple projects, and is periodically called upon to make decisions.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. Excellent interpersonal, coaching, managerial, and leadership skills are needed.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Traveling to other states will be required.
Salary is commensurate upon education and experience. Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should submit their cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
UPN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- OSP & Fiber Engineering & Construction: 3 years (Required)
- Telecommunications: 3 years (Required)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)