Excellent opportunity for an HR Generalist to move into an HR Management role.
One-person Human Resource department which reports to corporate HR Executive and works closely with and is supported by a corporate HR team (hybrid shared services model). This position is responsible for delivery of HR services to approximately 100 employees located in FL, CA, and TX.
The HR department is very progressive and truly participates as well as is held accountable as a business partner in the organization.
The HR group’s ideology and strategies transcend traditional HR theory and practice therefore the best candidate for this opportunity will have a progressive and flexible paradigm regarding HR’s role and service delivery in an organization.
Competencies and Experience
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related program of study.
- Must have multiple years of experience and progressive responsibility in Human Resources Generalist or similar role. Will consider candidates with less than 5 years of Generalist experience who have a combination of Human Resource Generalist and Management Experience.
- Strong understanding of Federal and state employment laws and HR best practices (states include FL, CA, and TX).
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as basic internet operations. Experience using HRIS or HCM (ADP desired).
- Effectively communicate with employees and business partners in English verbally and in writing. Bi-lingual skills desired (English and Spanish)
- Ability to adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding employee and company information.
- Ability to analyse data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to calmly and professionally work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Ability to make independent decisions in the best interests of the company and its employees.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Willing and able to travel nationally (approximately 30%) and potentially international (limited).
- Engage in long and short-term planning and delivery of Human Resource strategy, services, etc, in collaboration with corporate HR team.
- Implement, and oversee HR policies and practices in compliance with Federal and State laws and in keeping with industry and HR trends.
- Efficiently and effectively deliver core HR services.
- Maintain awareness of developments in Federal and applicable State employment laws and HR best practices to keep Leadership Group informed. Research and analyse effects on current company policies and practices and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Work closely with corporate Human Resources team to ensure HR policies, programs, etc. are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Maintain and update Employee Handbook with detailed information about company policies. Assist management in consistent policy interpretation and implementation.
- Review and analyse employee benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure legal compliance. Make recommendations for the design of benefits programs and oversee their implementation.
- Work with Chief Financial Officer to design and implement an effective employee compensation structure. Counsel managers regarding the application of compensation structures to department personnel needs.
- Design and implement effective recruiting practices in alignment with company’s current needs and anticipated growth, including internal succession planning.
- Design and implement effective training and professional development programs for management and employees.
- Direct and oversee annual performance review process, coaching supervisors in best practices, tracking submitted review documents, and following up on concerns expressed by employees and managers.
- Design and implement effective employee incentive and recognition programs in accordance with established budgets.
- Consult with managers and supervisors on the use of positive discipline and coach for best practices and effective employee conversations. Assist with documentation and disciplinary procedures as needed.
- Ensure that all employment actions including promotion, demotion, discipline, and termination are handled in a legally-compliant manner, consistent with HR objectives.
- Conduct effective, legally-compliant investigations into employee complaints and work with employees and supervisors to resolve grievances. Seek assistance and participation from corporate HR and legal counsel as appropriate.
- Track and analyse HR metrics. Recommend modification to company policies or practices as appropriate.
- Ensure proper handling and maintenance of personnel files and records, including Human Resource Information System data.
- Oversee ongoing administration of payroll practices and compliance, employee benefits enrollment, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation claims, and other employee matters.
- Plan and execute company-wide special events (holiday parties, employee picnic) and department/employee appreciation events.
- Utilize all applicable communication methods to ensure that employees receive timely information and updates regarding company policies, legal notices, and other job-related news.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by corporate HR and local Management team.
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA
- Profit Sharing
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Winter Haven, FL (Preferred)