Lion Federal, a cutting-edge information technology consulting firm, is located right outside our nation’s capital and provides talented resources to the U.S. Federal government. We believe in taking care of our most precious assets, our people!
We provide a performance-based compensation plan along with great additional benefits. They include: Paid time-off; 10 paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; Comprehensive Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by the company); Telecommuting (selected positions); Direct deposit; and tuition reimbursement.
Bigger isn’t always better! Working at Lion Federal will give you all the perks of a big employer in addition to advantages not found at larger institutions:
- Build strong relationships with all levels of employees – you have direct access to the boss and there are less of them.
- Faster response time – without all the red tape, you can get answers more quickly.
- You are not a number – you get a sense of ownership because you can voice ideas an opinion and have them heard. LF makes decisions with you in mind
- More nimble and flexible – there are not too many layers of management to slow down your ideas, suggestion and recommendations. There is a greater opportunity to react quickly to customer needs and stand out from the crowd.
- Learn multiple skills and be closer to the mission – You can wear many hats and have a direct impact on the company’s drive and direction. You are on the front line and a critical piece of the company’s success.
active TS/SCI clearance with Full-scope poly – no exceptions
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing technical solutions for complex problems. The individual will provide technical oversight of a project solution, including requirement interpretation and allocation of requirements to technical components. Additionally, the individual will be defining processes to support the implementation of requirements and ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices, as well as, designing for security and excellence while minimizing the total cost of ownership.
The candidate should be able to define internal and external customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and then design solutions to meet those needs to include: capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring backups, and installations of hardware and software. The candidate will be required to work independently with little supervision and should be flexible to work and support IT Operations needs as requested.
- 5+ years of experience configuring, designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN devices
- Thorough understanding of network routing concepts (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IP MPLS)
- 5+ years of experience configuring/maintaining Cisco ASA/Next Generation Firewall
- Experience configuring/maintaining other (non-Cisco) hardware firewall devices such as Palo Alto Network, F5, or Juniper Next Generation Firewalls
- Basic understanding of QoS concepts
- Experience with network monitoring technologies
- Ability to take ambiguous requirements or problems and convert them into technical solutions
- Ability to partner with systems administrators, storage administrators, and application developers to solve complex problems
- Complex problem management research and issue resolution
- Ability to mentor junior network engineers
- Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting IP multicast streams
- Experience configuring, designing, and troubleshooting QoS in LAN or WAN devices
We provide a performance-based compensation plan along with great additional benefits. They include: Commission, Paid time-off; 10 paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; Comprehensive Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by the company); Telecommuting (selected positions); Direct deposit; and tuition reimbursement