Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,500 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com
The Backend Test Engineer will be responsible for creating and running a test to ensure code correctness of developer implementations. This person will lead multiple product deliveries that need constant interactions with managers and developers. A suitable person could be a software developer willing to do the test on the system level, a system engineer that willing to read codes or someone with embedded device experiences. This person will pick up multiple responsibilities that serve other teams.
Under the supervision of the QA manager, the System Test Engineer will be utilizing the testing tools available to perform coverage on a variety of platforms for the many projects in development. More specifically, the job entails the following below:
- Create and implement test plans
- Verify code correctness of software releases.
- Help identify the root cause of issues found, assist development teams with troubleshooting issues
- Utilize current tools for tracking bugs, requirements, and documentation
- Document QA knowledge and communicate them to internal teams when necessary
- Assisting front-end developers with environment setup
- Production equipment quality approve check before a ship
- On-site or remote technical support for experimental and production projects.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Computer science or electrical engineer background
- Basic understanding Linux and command line environment
- Basic understand python programing language
- Basic understand Web Services
- Basic understand network traffic
- Have some other than GUI application test experience, embedded device test experience is a plus
- Minimum 2 to 5 years’ experience in Software test
- Experience in use of test management and error management tools like Zephyr and JIRA
- Webpage automation test experience is a plus
- Python automation test experience is a plus
- Interested in networking is a plus
- Interested in network/software security is a plus
- Software and Web Development experience is an asset