Director of Production and Quality
The Director of Production for Crown Awards and Crown Trophy’s directs, coordinates and plans production and assembly of trophies, medals, engraving, and print service to assure the lowest possible cost and timely shipping of all retail and franchise shipments. The Production Director is accountable for all the activities of the production staff including safety, quality, order and personalization accuracy, manufacturing, packaging, and the upkeep of all production equipment and work areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the layout and set up of production to make sure the proper usage of parts, finished goods, and supplies.
- Operate production at lowest possible cost while providing outstanding customer service.
- Manage the staffing, scheduling and uses of equipment to maximize output.
- Maintain consistent cost levels per unit produced throughout the year regardless of volume.
- Establish SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures} for all production areas.
- Maintain high levels of order and personalization accuracy.
- Coordinating and negotiate with production vendors for the most efficient goods and services that cut cost but offer efficient production operations.
- Organize all production & assign production to maximize throughput.
- Work with other departments to assure that production is fulfilling promise to the customer.
- Develop reporting that holds the person, equipment, group, department accountable for their output.
Manager of Production/Quality
- Establish targets for every person, piece of equipment, group, and production department.
- Monitors the attendance, production and overall performance of production staff.
- Ensure that workplace’s health and safety requirements meet or exceed OSHA and New York
- Maintain housekeeping of production and surrounding area.
- Creation of daily production work logs and transmission of same to ownership.
- Audit of daily labor and billing reports.
- Improvement & development of production areas.
- Promote high energy and ownership of their work area among staff.
- Enhance subordinates’ well being and ability through training and give opportunities for promotion.
- Always research to improve all warehouse operations according to company’s objectives.
- Any other tasks as assigned by ownership.
Job Type: Full-time