QA Tester / Automation Engineer
Tampa, FL 33605
3 months 4/30/18 – 7/30/18
Mon -Fri 7:00am - 4:00pm
Standard background & Drug screen
The QA tester/Automation Engineer performs multi-disciplinary functions relating to the quality assurance testing and support of our client’s websites, mobile apps, Configurator applications, customer catalogs, compliance programs and special projects.
This role is primarily responsible for quality assurance.
Duties include, but are not limited to, developing and executing functional and regression test cases for applications for defect identification, creating automated testing scripts with automated testing software, producing application test reports.
- Software QA Testing new development and updates to Masonite’s customer catalog for wholesale and retail, along with all website development testing in an acceptance test driven development and Agile environment.
- Tasked with unit testing, functionality testing, regression testing, integration testing, black box, white box, and UAT (user acceptance testing).
- Writing and executing test cases for manual and automated testing.
- Documentation of testing results in great detail outlining defect and path to recreate defect. The feedback will be documented in Excel and Jira.
- Communicating status and testing results to management and business stakeholders via reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Five (5) plus years of experience with software and quality assurance testing
- Experience with software testing techniques and QA methodologies
- Experience with Jira, Selenium, manual & automated testing
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Maintains a solid understanding of application defect and enhancement backlog
- Ability to create thorough and detailed test plans, test cases and results documentation
- Possesses a basic understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Communicates effectively and professionally with reporting managers, users, customers, and other IT personnel
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills required