We believe taking care of America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation, but a true honor and privilege. With over 230 communities, we are striving to be the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. Our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion.
We are a certified “Great Place to Work” and we believe in not only making an impact in our industry, but also with our employees. Our Benefits Plan is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce with competitive medical, dental, vision packages, and a 401k with a company match. We also offer a generous paid time off for eligible employees.
Development is one of our highest priorities and we provide personalized training, both face-to-face and online, to ensure employees are prepared for their roles. Through our Learning Management System (LMS), all employees have access to state-required regulatory courses, professional development and soft skills courses, and Continuing Education courses.
We invite you to start a rewarding career and make a difference in the lives of seniors today!
- Ensures compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to food service within the communities
- Maintaining kitchen sanitation, safety standards, and ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards and properly arranged
- Prepare and assist with plating meals from scratch
- Ensure a high degree of resident satisfaction at the community
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience with food preparation including cooking and plating meals
- The ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds unassisted
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with dining services in a Chef, Cook, Sous Chef or Dietary Aide role
- Experience in senior living, restaurant or banquet setting helpful
- CPR/First Aid Certified - can be obtained upon employment
- Remain flexible and adaptable
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff and guests on a consistent basis
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
- Demonstrate humility
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited basis.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Employer-supplied hairnets and gloves
- Employer-supplied uniform
- Sleeveless shirts/tank tops not allowed
- Shorts, skirts not allowed
- Facial piercings not allowed
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Recording food temperature