CIT is seeking remote RID Certified freelance American Sign Language interpreters for various assignments in healthcare and social services settings.
(1) Provide interpreting services between American Sign Language users and English language users in a variety of settings and topics.
(2) Adhere to the NAD & RID Professional Code of Conduct.
(3) Working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act and how it pertains to the Deaf community.
(4) Participate in continuing education courses to stay current on best practices.
(5) Ability to collaborate in a professional manner with a team.
(6) Seek manager support for difficult interpreting situations.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in American Sign Language-English Interpretation or related field is preferred
Minimum of 2 years of American Sign Language interpretation preferred.
Interpreting for matters relating to intellectual and developmental disabilities
Minimum Technical Requirements:
(1) Must have a computer with webcam and microphone able to process virtual meetings (on Zoom, Teams, Webex, or other software) via the internet.
(2) Neutral background available
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $45.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Interpreting: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote