Req ID: 22031
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
The Foundation’s Senior Writer/Editor will collaborate with other members of the Hospital’s Development team to create fundraising project summaries, funding proposals, stewardship reports, and other written materials for internal and external audiences.
The Senior Writer/Editor will serve as editor and/or principal writer for a wide variety of print and electronic projects, including funding proposals for individuals, corporations, foundations, and other organizations; capital campaign-related promotional materials; annual stewardship reports for select foundation donors; and project summaries for a diverse array of fundraising goals. Types of projects include formal proposals, letters of inquiry, brochures and flyers, direct mail pieces, invitations, web site content, speeches, and event scripts.
Required Education and Experience
- Research and write leadership funding proposals for donors.
- Conceive and write communications and fundraising materials, including brochures, posters, direct mail pieces, print ads, presentation materials, and content for Foundation publications, web sites and social media.
- Craft speeches and event remarks for Hospital leadership for fundraising and public events for the Hospital
- Write personalized correspondence from the Hospital’s President and CEO, the Executive Vice President and other Hospital leadership.
- Editing. Deliver reviews of proposals, letters, remarks, and board resolutions. Coach gift officers on writing. Provide boilerplate passages.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Liberal Arts or a related field required.
- Five or more years of professional writing experience. Experience in Development Communications writing is highly desirable.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Nearest Major Market:
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to persuasively promote CHOP’s mission in patient care, education, and research. Effectively communicate complex medical information to both lay and professional audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must maintain and exhibit the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Ability to work on a deadline.
- Microsoft Office a requirement with knowledge of Raiser’s Edge helpful.
- Design skills helpful.
Medical, Patient Care, Healthcare, Research