Claims Adjuster Trainee
As a claims adjuster on our team, you'll help customers get back on the road after an accident. Managing the claims process from start to finish, you'll maintain strong relationships with customers while resolving auto claims efficiently.
Primarily over the phone in a fast-paced office environment, you'll rely on your decision-making and multitasking skills to resolve a high volume of claims. Bring your passion for helping others to our team and we'll teach you the insurance stuff. We'll provide training on property damage and insurance contracts so you can confidently and independently adjust claims.
$50,200, plus an annual gainshare bonus of up to 16% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance.
Monday-Friday during training, after training schedule will be based on business needs and will likely be on a rotational basis, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm, with rotating Saturdays. You will attend an out of state training class in OH or AZ within the first month of the position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine liability (who's at fault for the damages)
- Interview customers, claimants, and witnesses
- Partner with appraisers/estimators to manage vehicle repairs
- Negotiate with customers and other insurance carriers
- Bachelor's degree or a combined total of five years of work experience and/or college education
- Work or educational experience must include:
o Making decisions
o Solving problems
o Planning, prioritizing and organizing
o Effectively communicating verbally and in writing
o Customer service
Benefits & Perks:
As one of the largest insurance companies in the nation, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing organization always striving for excellence. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and diversity. Progressive employees also benefit from:
- Annual gainshare bonus of up to 16% of salary; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
- 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6%
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
- Welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Wellness program with discounts & rewards
- Earning paid time off after first two weeks and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Equal Opportunity Employer