Associate – Firm Risk Management – Wealth Management Stress Testing and Analytics
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a highly qualified candidate within the Wealth Management Credit Risk Stress Testing and Analytics team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as the ability to work within a team environment and manage to tight deadlines.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Perform portfolio level analytics, including CCAR/DFAST and business as usual stress testing, as well as ACL reserve and Basel Capital calculations for Wealth Management retail and wholesale lending products
- Work with Credit Risk Methodology Group and Credit Risk Coverage to develop and enhance stress testing methodologies and modeling
- Perform business analytics for partners in Credit Risk Coverage and the Wealth Management business unit on an ongoing and ad hoc basis
- Work with stakeholders across Risk, Finance and IT on projects improving process and data flows and automating stress testing
- Produce documentation and presentations to effectively communicate key information to senior management and regulators
- Develop methods and tools to streamline and increase efficiencies of various work streams
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Previous analytics, credit capital or credit loss modeling experience, preferably for Wealth Management and/or Lending portfolios
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with ability to communicate effectively with senior management and regulators
- Process management and prioritization skills with ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Strong relationship building and client management skills
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude, with relentless attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and implementation skills