Renaissance Solutions, Inc., a Boulder-based management company with a diverse portfolio of business and real estate interests, seeks a Help Desk Level I Technician serves as the “face” of the IT Department to our client base. The Desktop Technician's role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in providing Level I Support.
- Provide on-site and remote support for clients.
- Build a strong working relationship with site supervisors
- Escalate problems to the higher-level tier groups or to the service manager.
- Using service desk software to record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes remotely or in person, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers, end user devices, and other IT equip.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with end user and team members as required.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and rollouts according to Change Management best practices.
- Adhere to site audit responsibility policies and procedures
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, smartphones, and networking equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office and other Business applications.
- Working knowledge of a range of software and hardware diagnostic tools.
- Experience working with service desk best practices.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation.
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb 75-95% of the time and to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Currently over the age of 21
- No felony convictions in the last 10 years
- No drug related felony or misdemeanor convictions
- Possess or will to obtain a Colorado MED Key Badge
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Renaissance Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Job Title: Help Desk Level I Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 + Depending on experience
Location: Boulder with travel to other Denver metro locations (20%)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Help Desk: 2 years (Required)