Renaissance Solutions, Inc., a Boulder-based management company with a diverse portfolio of business and real estate interests, seeks a Help Desk Level I Technician serves as the “face” of the IT Department to our client base. The Desktop Technician's role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in providing Level I Support.
- Provide on-site and remote support for clients.
- Build a strong working relationship with site supervisors
- Escalate problems to the higher-level tier groups or to the service manager.
- Using service desk software to record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes remotely or in person, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers, end user devices, and other IT equip.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with end user and team members as required.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and rollouts according to Change Management best practices.
- Adhere to site audit responsibility policies and procedures
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, smartphones, and networking equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office and other Business applications.
- Working knowledge of a range of software and hardware diagnostic tools.
- Experience working with service desk best practices.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation.
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb 75-95% of the time and to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Currently over the age of 21
- No felony convictions in the last 10 years
- No drug related felony or misdemeanor convictions
- Possess or will to obtain a Colorado MED Key Badge
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Job Title: Help Desk Level I Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 + Depending on experience
Location: Boulder with travel to other Denver metro locations (20%)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: