Buildings at Google are aspirational. They are the physical embodiment of our culture and inspire our employees to deliver equally ambitious products and services. As a District Design Lead in our Real Estate Development organization, you are on the front lines of Google's physical expansion, working to design campuses and buildings that shape the Google of tomorrow. The District Design Lead works directly with the company’s leadership, helping to define and articulate our vision for the design of the built environment. You are responsible for communicating Google’s vision to a wide range of audiences, as well as providing leadership to the world-class teams who bring our buildings to life. You have the ability to envision a future that will challenge the idea of traditional architecture, design, and construction practices. You will ensure that projects are not only built to Google's industry-leading standards, but also achieve aspirational environmental goals.
Developing innovative products and services that improve the lives of as many people as possible has been core to Google from the beginning. The Real Estate Investment and Development team is focused on creating inspiring places that enable Google, our employees and communities to thrive. Through thoughtful collaborations and transformational investments, we’re on the front lines of facilitating the next wave of Google’s ground-up developments that embody our culture and inspire a new way of developing places. As an in-house development group, our team’s diversified real estate expertise spans asset and portfolio management, transactions, urban planning and design, entitlements, construction management and district infrastructure.
- Work closely with Google’s executive leadership to gain a clear understanding of business needs, determine how to support these needs through the built environment and translate these needs into a clear design strategy.
- Collaborate with relevant cross-functional stakeholders and subject matter experts to align building design with Google’s diverse priorities, while leveraging expertise and lessons learned across all development projects.
- Research and help to select high-performing architecture, design, and engineering consultants who will provide Google with the highest value; provide leadership and direction to these teams assuring that they execute to Google’s vision.
- Manage the innovative design process to articulate and clarify the vision for a wide range of external and internal audiences, including municipal leadership, environmental groups, and press; as well as Google’s stakeholders and leadership.
- Balance near-term goals and long-term strategy for both senior business leaders and internal partners; bringing to the forefront industry-leading ideas and insightful data (including building technologies, material science and integrative processes) in order to guide design-related decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Design or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years experience in planning, design development, or project management on projects from initiation through execution.
- Master's degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Registered architect or licensed professional engineer.
- Experience in large scale ground up design and construction. Experience in the design thinking process.
- Detail-oriented and highly proficient in producing and delivering executive level presentations. Ability to read audiences and adapt communication style and delivery of information accordingly.
- Ability to prioritize evolving initiatives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to translate ideas and capabilities into unconventional solutions and deliver effective initiatives.
- Proven leadership skills; able to build and lead multidisciplinary teams, with and without authority.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.