Under the supervision of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager performs financial activity related to the month end close and a variety of other accounting work in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and consistent with established agency policy and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervise accounts payable function and related reporting, including 1099 preparation and disbursement.
- Responsible for timely vendor payment and maintaining good business relationships with UCAN vendors.
- Administer corporate card account, including card holder management, spend review, monthly analysis, receipt verification and journal entry preparation.
- Responsible for construction draw process, including preparation of draw package, tracking lender approval, requesting, tracking and submission of waivers to title company
- Responsible for tracking and submission of Title Holding Company compliance reporting
- Develop, maintain and track vendor diversity (MBE/WBE) reporting and systems.
- Maintain documentation of accounts payable processes and procedures.
- Reconcile client saving accounts utilizing Plus system.
- Ensures compliance of financial processes and procedures, internal controls, workflows applicable to Accounts Payable.
- Enhance accounts payable operating efficiencies through research, recommendation and implementation of technology based payables solutions
- Supports month and year-end financial close process through accounts payable analysis and accrual preparation
- Cross-train on supervision of payroll function
- Ability sufficient to function easily and effectively in a variety of program management and staff environments
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Forecaster and Great Plains Dynamics)
- Ability to work effectively with outside auditors, operations and construction vendors
- Knowledge of report writers and forecasting software (FRx, Crystal Reports)
- Participates in both Budget and Annual Financial and OMB audits, including preparation of prepared by client schedules
Special Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree required; preferrably in an Accounting or Finance related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing an Accounts Payable Department
- Non-Profit experience preferred
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Ability to assist program staff develop expense budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Great Plaines, and FRX
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, vendors and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Is open and respectful of cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and is willing and competent to work with a diverse client population.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and a part of a high functioning team.
- Car and valid Illinois driver’s license and insurance required.