Thomas Automotive Family
Full Time Reconditioning Manager Job Description
Thomas Team Honda, Johnstown, PA
Thomas Automotive Family is a family owned business offering great customer service for over 100 years. Thomas Team Honda in Johnstown, PA is growing and looking for a full time experienced Reconditioning Manager.
Successful candidate must plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of the vehicles reconditioning process ensuring quality standards and deadlines are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Managerial Duties- Day to day supervision of the Reconditioning Department employees to accomplish the following:
- Maintain high ethical standards when dealing with customers, coworkers, vendors.
- Put safety first. Must adhere to all safety policies, procedures, and personal protective equipment requirements and standards.
- Adhere to all attendance and punctuality standards.
- Adhere to timekeeping standards; Employees are required to record the beginning and ending times of any shift, meal break or departure from work for personal reasons.
- Understand and follow all work rule policies and procedures.
- Maintains a professional clean and business appearance as determined by dealership management.
- Follow the Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Be able to account for all dealership owned tools and equipment at all times.
- Understand, keep up to date, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect reconditioning operations such as; safety rules and procedures, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Appropriately and safely operate all tools and equipment as mandated through safety training. Report any safety, equipment defects or malfunction issues to management immediately.
- Attend all dealership and reconditioning department meetings when requested.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Ensure needs of the service and sales managers are met to allow the proper service to the customer.
- Train new employees in the proper techniques to guarantee the desired results on all vehicles.
- Communicate with Service Manager, Used Vehicle Buyer, Sales Manager and General Manager on vehicle status.
- Responsible for keeping their immediate work area, as well as helping to ensuring the entire facility is orderly, clean and free of hazards.
- Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows, and wipes down doorjambs.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff surface to protect and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuum interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Clean upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Apply revitalizers and preservation agents to vinyl or leather surfaces and treat fabrics with spot and stain-resistant chemicals to preserve and protect interior components.
- Clean engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
- Apply special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following recommendations of the product’s manufacturer.
- Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation. Communicates all defects to manager.
- Restores appearance of engine area, rugs and upholstery, and painted surfaces. Uses touch-up paint, dyes, and other appropriate materials.
- Applies dressing on tires and tire wells.
- Replaces missing or defective small parts.
- Replaces all traces of any protective films or coverings applied for shipment or service.
- Maintains showroom or stock vehicles in clean and presentable condition at all times.
- Removes all window stickers on sold vehicles.
- Fills vehicle with fuel.
- Apply paint to chipped body surfaces of vehicles, using touch-up paint.
- Apply dyes and reconditioning chemicals to vinyl tops of vehicles to restore color and condition.
Management and detailing experience is a must. High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Ability to demonstrate good judgment. Neat and professional appearance
This is a physically demanding position. Will stand six to eight hours per shift. Will lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds. S/he will bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, and feel. Will use hand and power tools. Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, paint, cleaning solutions, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials. Portions of this work is completed outside of the dealership, under varying climate conditions. Will work with and move numerous vehicles during the course of the working day.
As part of our very competitive compensation package, we provide excellent employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Coverage (Short and Long Term Disability)
- 401K Plan with a company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
Resumes accepted online only - no paper resumes will be accepted.
All applications are held in strict confidence.
Thomas Automotive Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer