- SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Strategic consultative partner to several business directors accountable for understanding the external and internal business landscape, identifying opportunities to improve organizational
performance and team alignment, and using analytics and insights to translate the business agenda into talent and organizational plans. Will work across the business and HR to develop and deploy solutions to enable individual and team effectiveness, strategic alignment and high performance culture orientation as well as engagement and optimizing Quest Diagnostics’ culture. Will also deliver change management leadership on key initiatives.
As a member of the leadership team, the HRBP will build relationships and leverage strong influence and execution skills to bring strategic plans to life to build organizational capability and
deliver tangible business results. The HRBP will bring the full suite of HR capabilities and services to the business by leading across HR Centers of Excellence and an HR Service Center to deliver solutions.
- Builds relationships with mid to senior level clients.
- Is a trusted and credible partner who anticipates needs and proactively recommends solutions.
- Serves as an active member of the leadership team in assigned business/function and is able to influence and challenge others at this level
- Has a solid understanding of current and future business trends, both internal and external
- Serves as a coach providing guidance and consultation to leadership
Strategy & Planning
- Consults with leaders to develop and execute business strategy to build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and process.
- Provides strategic direction and influences at all levels in order to drive implementation of the strategy
- Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plan (e.g. in conjunction with the HR Director (HRBP), contributes to the People Strategy for assigned business to include: organizational re-design, strategic workforce planning, total rewards solutions, succession planning and talent management, organizational development and employee engagement of workforce)
- Optimizes transformational change efforts by providing consulting support, guidance and a framework for leading and managing change
- Responsible for succession planning / pipeline to ensure leadership talent in support the business strategy
- Partners with and influences HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Center to ensure the business is receiving optimal service and value added programs that are aligned with business strategy.
- Use outcome based metrics supplied by HR Service Center to identify trends and influence the business
Business Based Outcomes
- Ensures strong leadership teams in place and plays a key role in recruiting senior level talent
- Drives toward strong organizational performance as evidenced by business measures such as productivity, quality and service
- Drives toward optimal culture that facilitates employees’ success.
- This includes Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion.
- Drives for high performance work environment that makes the organization a great place to work and delivers results
- No direct supervisory responsibility
- May indirectly influence and mentor other HR professionals
- BA/BS in HR or related field; Master’s in HR/MBA or related field preferred.
- 8-10 years exempt level Human Resources experience, with at least 5 years as an HR Business Partner
- Proficiency in MS Office products and HR systems
- Strong Project/Process Management skills
- Strong Organizational and Leadership Development skills
- Understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Highly developed and effective leadership and strategic influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively with mid-level to senior members of the organization
- Ability to travel 0-15% of the time (varies by assignment)
- Business acumen
- Strategic agility
- Drive for results
- Decision quality
- Managerial courage
- Organizational savvy
- Dealing with ambiguity
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.