When you join the Portfolio Management team, you accelerate your career by managing risk of high visibility Chase loans secured by commercial real estate properties. You will also become part of a highly collaborative team that prioritizes learning, professional development, inclusivity and mentorship.
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
As Credit Risk Associate in Portfolio Management, you will be expected to be fully proficient with commercial real estate finance concepts/principles and their application to various property types. Incumbents must be able to complete annual reviews on complex properties and borrowers to derive appropriate risk ratings and evaluate expected future performance. Associates will be expected to review annual property operating statements and rent roll/lease summary of properties securing Chase commercial real estate loans, and then compare the results of the operating analysis to local market conditions and underwriting in order to determine the overall performance of the property within the market and to identify any potential risk of default.
- Complete annual reviews on complex properties and borrowers to derive appropriate risk ratings and evaluate expected future performance
- Review annual property operating statements and rent roll/lease summary of properties securing Chase commercial real estate loans, and then compare the results of the operating analysis to local market conditions and underwriting in order to determine the overall performance of the property within the market and to identify any potential risk of default
- Document and support all concluded risk ratings
- Perform field property inspection identifying overall property condition with any associated risk issues
- Interact with Borrowers, Credit Executives, and other parties, both internal and external to Chase, to obtain applicable data to perform a complete analysis
- Excel in teamwork, including training of incoming Associates and acting as a liaison for current Associates
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience underwriting commercial real estate loans – or related analytical experience
- Previous experience in portfolio management, loan risk grading/ risk assessment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills - able to multitask, prioritize, and work with others in an integrated way to achieve individual objectives and team results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Set priorities, establish, and meet strict deadlines with flexibility to adapt quickly to changing priorities
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft desktop tools including Word, Excel, Power Point and able to quickly acclimate to proprietary systems
- Experience performing property site inspections and related written reports
ABOUT THE TEAM
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment.