The Office of School Performance (OSP) is a group of talented problem-solvers driven to increase student achievement and inform families by designing and building innovative tools that empower users of many backgrounds to explore, understand, and improve school quality. We value a diversity of perspectives and ideas in order to inform decisions that will benefit students.
Within the Office of School Performance, the Survey Initiatives team supports the design and implementation of survey tools to gather meaningful feedback from students, parents, and teachers about their school environments and classroom experiences. Each year, the NYCDOE will administer the annual NYC School Survey and a student perception survey. These surveys open up important opportunities for reflection and dialogue among school communities, school leaders, and Central offices. Survey results help inform our understanding of each school and program’s greatest strengths and opportunities for continuous improvement and are used as key metrics in School Quality Reports.
The Survey Initiatives team is seeking a team member who will help us keep students, families, and teachers at the center of our work, and shares in our commitment to the following:
- Strong school support: Prepare schools for successful survey implementation through communications, training, and ongoing support.
- High-quality data: Provide schools and families with high-quality data by promoting participation and ensuring broad, representative feedback.
- Continuous improvement: Continuously improve our processes, with a focus on strengthening our partnerships with schools, increasing survey participation across respondent groups, and connecting the survey results to student achievement.
As a Survey Support Specialist focused on communications and engagement, you will be responsible for:
- Managing an ongoing help desk caseload to ensure compliance and quality control in the administration of both the NYC School Survey and Student Perception Survey.
- Liaising with survey vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues with survey implementation.
- Helping develop and maintain a case management system for documenting and identifying trends in help desk issues.
- Developing ad hoc reports and other policy guidance materials to ease survey implementation at schools.
- Support weekly mailings and communications to survey coordinators and school and field support staff.
Who are we looking for?
A qualified candidate checks the following boxes:
- Ability to deliver high quality, personalized support. Maybe you have previous experience in customer service or school support. You work hard to get people the most appropriate information, resources, and solutions. You follow up until their needs are fully met.
- You value relationships and feel it is important that each person you work with feels respected, valued, and supported.
- You have strong written communication and oral presentation skills. You can adapt the tone and style of your communications for different audiences. You are able to strike the balance between personable and professional.
- You have experience developing a range of content from professional emails to informational or instructional materials.
- You are a self-starter, capable of learning quickly and working independently. You take pride in and ownership of your work. You believe that no assignment is too big or too small when it contributes to the team’s goals.
- When you confront a challenge, you think through possible solutions and offer actionable recommendations for resolving the issue or reducing risk.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Quick learner of new technological systems
- Experience in government, operations, education, or education research preferred and/or interest in urban education
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates must apply directly to the following link: http://bit.ly/SurveySupportSpecialist.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $25.50 to $29.50 /hour
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested