We are currently seeking an IT Clerk who is highly-motivated, passionate, and eager to dive into technical support for the hospitality industry. The Intern is required to use his or her communication and technical skills to assist the IT department with various tasks and projects while demonstrating attention to detail and the ability to work as a team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Resolve fundamental system issues with employees by remotely accessing their system or addressing these issues onsite.
- Resolve technical issues for Micros (POS).
- Collaborate with the Systems Specialist in all developments of POS systems, Breadcrumb & Micros.
- Gain insight of the Information Technology plays in the Restaurant/Hospitality Industry.
- Gain working knowledge of excel reporting procedures to help maintain and track IT inventory.
- Update and modify procedures for POS databases to facilitate the analysis by the Operations team.
- Install software & hardware that are compatible with company systems.
- Set up the POS systems (Terminal, IP printer, scanners and NFC readers) and creating and maintaining the database.
- Other learning objectives directed by the Systems Specialist.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be striving towards a degree in Computer Systems, Computer Science, or related field(s).
- At least six (6) months of technical support or POS experience preferred but not required.
- Strong project management and strategic planning skills.
- Readiness to work in a team-based environment and great interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to learn about importance of technology in the hospitality industry.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and be deadline-oriented.
- Superb research skills and information analysis skills.
- The ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) applications is required.
- The ability to clearly communicate operational tasks in English is required. Must demonstrate proficient English writing skills and must be effective in engaging with the team.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure is also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs. multiple times per day, and push a cart weighing up to 100lbs.
- Must practice proper body mechanics and use appropriate personal protective equipment to avoid injury.
- Being constantly exposed to both hot and cold temperature conditions is pertinent.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Access to reliable transportation to any of our bakeries or restaurant.
- Ecstatic work-ethic.
Interested in joining our team? Please reply with your resume! we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Part-time
Required work authorization: