General Position Summary: Manage mechanical construction projects through effective communication, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, document control, and forecasting of costs and profitability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review job estimate and prepare project budgets.
- Estimate and negotiate change orders
- Prepare/ review submittals
- Track, forecast, report labor hours and material costs
- Buyout major equipment and subcontracts
- Expedite and track deliveries of major equipment/materials
- Maintain working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract
- Maintain and control documents in compliance with UMC Standards as well as contractual compliance
- Supervise Project Engineers
- Collaborate with field labor supervision to plan, organize and schedule project work including preparation of subcontract/contract integrated project schedule
- Review contract drawings, detail drawings and specifications
- Ensure full compliance with UMC Safety Program at the jobsite
- Adhere to UMC AIM processes
- Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to team members
- Be professional and uphold UMC Core Values
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Assist in the bid process and the procurement of new work
- Develop and maintain client relations
Skills Required to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
- Ability to accurately estimate mechanical work
- Ability to lead and foster positive working environment
- Ability to understand and communicate basic mechanical concepts
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail – errors & mistakes can result in significant financial losses
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic – results driven
- Ability to multi-task job responsibilities
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Access, and AutoCAD, Front Desk, Blue Beam, Smartsheet, and Viewpoint
Supervise Project Engineers and project administration.
Education/ Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
- A minimum of five years experience as a mechanical project manager
- Construction Management or Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering degree desired
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required: Maintain a valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Mechanical Contracting: 5 years (Required)