DIRECT REPORTING: Sales Order Process & Engineering Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations & Sales
The Application Engineer is responsible for partnering with our North American & global customers to provide the best pumping solution for their application. This is a customer-facing position, providing assistance through standard support channels (phone, email, and chat), and working with many customer departments, including Engineering, Purchasing, Project Management, Operations, and General Management.
- Determine best pumping solution based on the customer’s operating conditions, including pump and motor sizing and selections.
- Review engineering/technical specifications and ensure our solution is compliant.
- Serve as the key technical liaison, working cross-functionally with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Project Management, Operations, Customer Care, our vendors, and our global resources to modify existing offerings and create custom solutions.
- Generate timely and accurate responses to requests for quotations.
- Prepares and submits ETO, vendor, and project documents.
- Assists with order entry of Product Orders requiring Bill of Materials.
- Create part numbers and bill of materials.
- Drive continuous improvement rigorously.
- Create high quality processes and work instructions.
- Focus on delivering a positive customer experience.
- Travel is minimal, < 5%. (International Travel at times)
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Skilled with engineering documents and technical drawings
- Experience with domestic and international engineering industry standards
- Self-driven and able to self-manage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Continuous improvement and data analysis skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with CRM, and ERP software systems preferred.
- Comfortable preparing and giving presentations in front of team members, sales representatives, and clients.
- 3D CAD Modeling Experience Preferably Solidworks
- Special consideration for Bi-lingual candidates (Spanish & French)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 3-5 years of combined experience within in Production, Engineering, Technical Support, or Customer Service, with at least 3 years in a technical capacity. Experience with rotating equipment, including progressive cavity, and peristaltic pumps is strongly preferred. Experience producing technical proposals detailing full scope of supply, evaluation, and acceptability or applicability to customer or industry standard specifications preferred.
- Salary is competitive based upon experience and qualifications
- Fully paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for employee (Dependents added at cost)
- Life insurance policy
- 3% Safe Harbor contribution and 2% profit sharing paid towards retirement plan
- Generous vacation package that grows with length of employment
- 9 holiday days off through out the year
- All benefits will begin according to schedule in employee handbook.
Job Type: Full-time