Seeking an energetic educator to guide the development of our Infants and Toddlers. Qualified candidates match the description below.
- At least 12 ECE units in child development with 3 specifically in Infant and Toddler Development
- At least one year of experience teaching in a part-day or full-day program for infants and toddlers
- Infant CPR First / Aid Certification
- Background check / clearance
- Recent Physical, TB test, and required vaccinations
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a warm and supportive attitude at all times, providing enthusiastic and compassionate care throughout the day.
- Must be reliable including but not limited to punctuality and infrequent absence.
- Must be flexible in receiving assignments or adapting to changes in the program.
- Must be willing to accept supervision in order to improve work performance.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Physical capacity: Ability to see at normal distance. Hear normal conversations and sounds. Use hands and fingers to fill out daily report. Ability to lift and carry infants and toddlers weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Ability to sit on the floor, bend at the waist, kneel and/or stoop up to 75% of the time.
- Emotional and mental capacity: Provide professional and loving care equally to all children showing no conscious or unconscious favoritism. Soothe crying due to need or tantrum with appropriate care, comforting, and redirection, developmentally appropriate for each child. Exude the calm, patience, and reassurance children need when first transitioning to school, at naptime, etc.
The principal duties of the Infant Teacher include: to meet the basic needs of the child, ensure the safety and well-being of the children, keep record of the child’s care on the daily report, carry out enrichment activities on a daily basis and evaluate the effectiveness of child development activities, contribute to the effective operation of the overall early care and education center. The Infant Teacher reports to their Supervisor and the Administrator(s).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Classroom: 1 year (Preferred)