Senior Business Analyst permanent job in Los Angeles, CA (Santa Monica area).
- Great opportunity for a professional analyst with a strong analytically driven background.
- Responsible for preparing data and strategically analyzing the business.
- Requires complex analysis skills and will be primarily responsible for reporting on sales performance.
Strategically understand and report from an abundance of data from multiple systems.
- Reports to the Chief Data Scientist and the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Take the lead position on creating and analyzing data reports, on sales team activity.
- Responsible for daily reporting of sales and marketing KPIs.
- Analyze reports and trends and provide recommendations on a weekly monthly and quarterly basis.
- Create new views of data to consistently improve company understanding of trends and revenue.
- Provide support for additional Ad-hoc analysis as needed for company initiatives.
- Lead or participate in projects designated by the Chief Data scientist, CRO, or Director of BI.
- Projects will include collaboration with multiple departments.
- 5+ years experience in an analyst or data science role at a technology based company.
- Strong business analysis skills – Work mentality should be driven from a strong understanding of the business first.
- Strong communication skills - Be able to take complex concepts and boil down into simple easy to understand analysis that includes recommendations.
- Strong SQL knowledge – Must have ability to query and create data marts, create procedures and write high performance joins.
- Expert Excel skills – Experience with data modeling and excel graphing skills
- Project management skills - be able to manage and prioritize effectively between weekly and monthly analysis reporting and quick ad-hoc analysis
- Problem solving skills - Critical thinking is required in almost every project. Being able to see a clear path to analysis is key to success
- Creative thinking - Be able to think about potential relationships between data and the business operations. Be able to connect the dots for stakeholders.
- PowerPoint Presentation experience
- Strong drive and self-motivated work ethic
- Strong integrity and ability to stay unbiased in analysis
- Understanding of sales processes and experience with sales metrics is a big plus.
- Experience analyzing online web traffic (google analytics or similar) is a plus.
- Experience with Domo a plus.
- Fully paid medical (medical, dental, vision) benefits, 50% for families
- 401 (k) plan
- Unlimited sick leave
- Stock options
- Paid vacation