Position: Financial Analyst Intermediate (3-6 years) / Voluntary Corporate Actions Analyst
Address: Brooklyn, NY
Pay Rate: $40
Start Date: 7/27/2020
Duration: 6 months (possibility for extension based on performance and budget)
Hours: 9pm - 6pm (1 hour lunch)
Corporate Actions Announcement Captures
Announcement Capture, Corporate Actions, Asset Services (Team of 3)
Corporate Actions is one of the key product offerings within Asset Servicing. The group is responsible for the end to end process for all corporate actions including: Announcement Capture, Instruction Management, Client Inquiries, Proxy Voting and Entitlement Completions. Working with various global hubs, the Brooklyn Corporate Actions Department is a dynamic environment, providing a bench mark product to all Prime Broker, clearance and collateral clients.
The Prime Broker Announcement Capture team is responsible for the capture, analysis and validation of corporate action event data received our Corporate Action announcement vendor, Markit IHS, along with data received from other Global Custodians where we hold Non-US securities. This event data is used to update core systems to operationally manage the corporate action and to create cleansed notifications to be distributed to the underlying client base and other lines of business. The key requirement is to deliver accurate and timely information to our clients, partners and supported businesses.
Work with Corporate Actions team setting up Voluntary events in Proprietary system for release to clients.
- Play a key role in oversight and leadership of operational processes related to WHEM Announcement Capture.
- Ensure all operating controls are effectively managed and enhanced within the changing landscape of a global operating model.
- Ensure SLAs and other commitments are met and enhanced as needed.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of processing for Corporate Actions Announcement events.
- Ensure Client SLA's are consistently delivered, continually raising timeliness and information quality standards.
- Maintenance of relationships with external and internal groups to ensure high level of service is maintained.
- Participate in continual process review, displaying a positive attitude in the change process.
- Ensure clear well documented communication between sub custodians, agents, brokers, counterparties, internal operational teams and clients within prescribed timeframes.
- Pro- active management of information vendors while providing continual feedback on quality and timeliness.
- Ensure effective workload balancing across team members.
- On a continual basis work with team members to review, and where necessary, seek approval for updates to procedures.
- Proactively review event and market processing challenges to identify recurring themes that can be prevented through staff education and operational process improvements.
- Ensure early and timely escalation, ensure root-cause analysis is undertaken for all operational incidents and follow through with all recommendations.
MUST HAVE Skills
- 3-6 years of experience w/ Voluntary Corporate Actions (Announcement Capture, Processing Events, reading SWIFT Market Actions Announcements, etc.)
- Securities operations work experience – preferably within Asset Servicing Corporate Actions
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- College degree
- Strong communication skills both oral and written to management and personality
- 1 - 2 video interviews w/ team
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Full Time Opportunity:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19