Position: Business analyst techno functional
Location: Malvern, PA
Duration: Contract with right to hire after 6 months
- Understand business function initiatives, short-term and long-term goals and program / project priorities.
- Learn about the business functions and the current systems supporting the functions.
- Work with biz. leadership to assess and communicate feasibility / ability to deliver on prioritized projects.
- Coordinating with build leads who will manage execution of the projects, sprints and releases.
- Understand data consumption across functions (Marketing, Finance, etc.) & their data usage variations.
- Understand overlaps in data consumptions among functions & drive consolidation of data services.
- Perform / drive business analysis, data analysis and translate business requirements into functional specifications and validate functional designs with subject matter expertise.
- Serve as a liaison between business & technical teams ensuring functional buy-in on solutions delivered.
- Obtain project details, biz. cases, charter, scope and understand business requirements & expectations.
- Facilitate sessions with business and technical teams in understanding business requirements document (BRD) and contribute to make BRD actionable for IT build teams.
- Document functional requirements (FRD) and work with IT build teams to make sure solution delivery is in alignment with business requirements.
- Manage relationships with external data customers.
- Collaborate with business to streamline project intake process, prioritization and SLA.
- Present project health / status in IT Steering Committee meetings.
Education: -Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience within Financial Services Industry.
- Gone through at least one full life cycle of a data warehousing project as a business analyst.
- Functional knowledge of financial instruments such as Installment Loans and related data domains such as underwriting, collection, promotions, call center data, Fraud, etc.
- Experience in authoring project documentation for data management projects: business requirements, functional requirements, design diagrams and specifications, etc.
- Strong business acumen and successful track record in aligning with business customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written / verbal communication. Ability to quickly build credibility & influence.
Facilitation skills –
- emphasis on coordinating with internal & external functions / groups.
- Business analysis, data analysis and SQL skills.
- SQL Server / SSIS / SSRS experience.
- Experience in working with BI tools – Power BI, Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience in working with traditional data warehouses and big data platforms.
- Experiencing in working with unstructured data (digital – web traffic, chats, emails, call center data) is a plus.
- Project management skills. Demonstrated success in applying process rigor.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- business analysis: 6 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: